Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 14:51:11 -0500
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        Esry Don-FDE005 <Don_Esry-FDE005@email.mot.com>, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Separate boot partition?

On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 01:29:56AM +0900, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
> Esry Don-FDE005 wrote:
> >
> > I believe that IBM, HP, and Sun all buy their LVM from Veritous. Hopefully I
> > am close enough in spelling that you can figure it out. :-)
>
> I don't believe that's the case with IBM. I have been known to be
> wrong before, though... :-)

You are correct. I was there. (I worked on AIX from 1983 (RT days) to
1995 when I retired from IBM...well, actually I'm still working on AIX
at IBM but as a contractor these days.) The IBM volume manager was
created by the IBM folks here in Austin for version 3.1 on the RS6K.

Bob

--
Bob Willcox             The man who follows the crowd will usually get no
bob@luke.pmr.com        further than the crowd.  The man who walks alone is