Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:36:27 +0100
From:      Tilo Riemer <riemer@ppprs1.phy.tu-dresden.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Feedback on which Laptop to choose

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 01:14:30PM +1030, David Hunt wrote:
> Hi All
rehi,

> I am in the process of finding a current model laptop that will run FreeBSD
> well, particularly from the 10/100 LAN perspective.

freebsd works well on my hp omnibook xe3. the lan works, sound also. suspend
to disk works maybe (I must compile the kernel with apm support...). the
modem does not work.

> The machines I have to choose from are:
>
> IBM A30
> Dell Inspiron 8100
> Dell Inspiron 4100
> Dell Inspiron 2500

I can't recommend the inspiron notebooks. our sales manager has a dell 8100,
but the chassis is very ugly and waggly...

> Toshiba Satellite 1800
> Toshiba Satellite Pro

best regards, Tilo

neither liberty nor safety."