Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:10:01 -0600
From:      "Scott Wilson" <scottw@micron.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.6 installation is locking up

I recently purchased FreeBSD 2.2.6 and am attempting to install it on my
PC.  I get to the point where the screen clears and it brings up a message
which says "Probing devices, please wait".  I have waited for as long as 15
to 20 minutes and it never continues on.  The machine appears to be locked
up and I have to reset the PC.

The machine is a Micron Pentium 200 with 64 M of RAM.  It has your basic
IDE controller with 2 hard drives on the primary channel and a CD-ROM and a
zip drive on the secondary.

During the installation (before it locks up), I have disabled the devices
not installed on my machine and modified the IRQ settings for my network
card.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be happening here?

Thanks,
Scott