Date:      Thu, 8 May 2003 13:53:52 +1000
From:      "aVANTGUARD" <avant@ausmac.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CVSUP'ing specific directories in ports/source

People,
	I've been an OpenBSD user for some time now, and I've started using
FreeBSD, and I'm having an issue converting over. In FreeBSD, to update =
my
ports tree I run:

$ cvsup -g -L 2 ports-supfile=20

Where ports-supfile is a file dictating where to grab the files from and
which ports 'packages' to get (ie. Ports-devel). On OpenBSD I was able =
to do
this:

$ cvsup -d anoncvs@wiretapped.net:/cvs get ports/net/samba #OR
$ cvsup -d anoncvs@wiretapped.net:/cvs get src/usr.sbin/sendmail

(Note this worked for the current release, if I wanted older releases, I
added -rOPENBSD_3_0 for 3.0 for example)=20

to get *specific* ports or directories from CVS.=20

How can I do this in FreeBSD? (I've tried, with no luck) Do I need a
specific server to support this sort of CVSUP'ing?

I'm not subscribed, so I'd appreciate any replies were CC:ed to me. :)

Thanks in advance.

/avant