Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 20:21:34 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can you set fxtv to a default *frequency* iso channel?

Wilko Bulte:
 |>  |So, I have to set the StationList using frequency and not channel
 |>  |number. Channel# simply don't work anymore (great isn't it?
 |>
 |> As is, there isn't a way.  But here's a quick hack that lets you use
 |> channel numbers, station names, or frequencies for defaultChannel.
 |
 |Just tried it, works like a charm. Thanks!! May I suggest to put in the
 |V.next release of fxtv?

Consider it done!

 |> (BTW, I think you might find it easier to hack the channel table for your
 |> frequency set in the driver.  See
 |>
 |> static int weurope[] = {
 |>
 |> in /usr/src/sys/pci/brooktree848.c.  Should be a snap.)
 |
 |Hmm. Well, that means I have to hack the fxtv port every time a new version
 |arrives. I can live happily with the frequency setup I have right now.
 |The only hack left to do manually is the 'Matrox Millenium' one.

(Excluding the Matrox Millenium hack) you wouldn't need to hack fxtv, just
the bt848 driver.  Just talk channel numbers to fxtv.

But since you have to hack fxtv anyway for the Millenium shift, might as
well go the tweak-fxtv route for both -- unless you have lots of channels,
in which case hacking the driver is much simpler for the frequency pull-ups.

BTW, my primary card is a Matrox now too (a G200 Millenium) so I see the
Millenium problem in 24 and 32bpp (not 16bpp).  Interestingly it only
appears for me when the desktop res is bigger than the video mode res.

I filed a bug on this for XFree86 3.3.4 today, referring them to the DGA
test progs I cooked up:

       http://www.ipass.net/~dbhopper/aa8vb/fxtv/dgafbtest.c
       http://www.ipass.net/~dbhopper/aa8vb/fxtv/tv-dgatest.c

(3.9.16 has other problems, except in 16bpp, which I forwarded as well.)

If the XFree86 folks work on a most-reported priority basis for fixing
bugs, I'm sure a few other folks reporting the Millenium shift bug couldn't
hurt!

Randall