Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:31:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vince Valenti <vince@blue-box.net>
To:        mark tinguely <tinguely@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>
Cc:        drew@mykitchentable.net, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd@aphroland.org>, <jdarnold@buddydog.org>, <raiden23@netzero.net>
Subject:   Re: sudden reboots

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, mark tinguely wrote:

MT> Is there anything in particular that was going on when FreeBSD
MT> spontaeously reboots?
MT>
MT> I had only one incident of a sudden reboot, but I was running a
MT> recursive diff checking the original directory to a newly created ISO
MT> 9660 file system. The ISO image was in a DOS partition, and mounted
MT> using the virtual disk device (vn).

I don't know.  This machine is a production mail server running httpd,
sendmail, ipop3d, imapd, and mysqld.  It has a Dell PERC3 RAID controller
running an internal RAID5 array with 3 drives and an external RAID5 array
with 7 drives.  There are no vn's and the machine was doing normail mail
stuff. :)  My ssh sessions were simply terminated with no messages, and
there are no messages in the syslog.

--
Vince Valenti
Systems Administrator