Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:30:34 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Cordula's Web" <cpghost@cordula.ws>
To:        zaphod@neostrada.pl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Just a question.....

> > Apart from the online books mentioned by David, you should certainly
> > have a look at some books on C and C++ Programming, Programming in a
> > UN*X, TCP/IP networking, Operating Systems in general (I have some books
> > in mind, but need to look up the exact references - maybe someone else
> > can fill this gap?)
>
> 1. W. Richard Stevens - "Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment"

For absolute beginners, "Programming in C" (2nd ed. covers ANSI C)
by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie is required reading...

  http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cbook/

See also: "The C Answer Book" by Tondo and Gimpel, which contains
the solutions to the K&Rv2 exercises.

Other resources:
  http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/
  http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/bwk-tutor.html