Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 06:50:33 +0800
From:      "Robert Bannocks" <rgbannocks@iname.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.3

I have installed FreeBSD on a Multiboot machine.
It has Win95, NT, Linux and now Freebsd 4.3-RELEASE
The machine has 2 IDE disks on it Win 95 is on the
first (boot) disk aling with an install NT workstation
and space reserverd for solaris.  On the second
disk is, first partition, a Dos partition for data, another install of NT Workstaion in and NTFS FS on the second partition, and on the third partition FreeBSD.  I boot to free bsd with a Lilo floppy as I want to leave NTLDR untouched.  The boot works fine but I have one perplexing propblem.  When ever I boot into FreeBSD the Partition types of the DOS and NTFS get changed from DOS (32M) and NTFS to Hidden DOS (32M) and Hidden NTFS, partition types 22, and 23.  This happens *whenever* and only when I boot into FreeBSD?  Can any body tell me why this is happening and how to stop is as it is realy annoying as NT will not boot of a Hidden NTFS partition and this seems a very strange thing for FreeBSD to be doing any way.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA - ROB