Date:      Sun, 15 May 2005 14:49:54 -0400 (Eastern Standard Time)
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard-seibert@rcn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ata1-slave: FAILURE

I just did a clean install of FreeBSD 5.4. While booting up, the following
messages appears:

as0: 7665MB <QUANTUM Bigfoot TX8.0AT/A04.0V00> [15574/16/63] at
ata0-master UDMA 33

ata1-slave: FAILURE - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE status=1<ERROR>
error=4<ABORTED>

acd0: DVDROM <COMPAQ DVD-ROM GD-2000/0056> at ata1 master PIO4

afdo: REMOVABLE <IOMEGA ZIP 100 ATAPI/14.A> at ata1-slave BIOSPIO

Obviously, I am referring to the "FAILURE" message. I have no idea what it
means or how to correct it. I did google for an answer, but not with a
whole lot of success. I am not even sure if it is serious or not.
Everything seems to be working correctly.

I have a regular CD and an internal ZIP drive installed besides the HD.

I am trying this OS on an old Compaq 5140 computer. Not exactly the latest
thing I know, but I want to learn how to use it before trying it on my
production machine.

Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.

--
Ciao,

Gerard Seibert
gerard-seibert@suscom.net