Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:38:20 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        sa kumar <sakumar0123@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I read if_data

On 2002-01-29 15:52:05, sa kumar wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how to read if_data of a
> specific layer 2 interface from the kernel.
>
> I have looked on the net and in TCP/IP illustrated,
> but to no avail.

From userland, you don't "read if_data".  You call the proper
ioctl()'s to fetch the data for you.  If you mean from a kernel
driver, then you probably want to start at src/sys/net/if_var.h and
look at the definition of ifnethead:

	TAILQ_HEAD(ifnethead, ifnet);   /* we use TAILQs ... */

--
Giorgos Keramidas . . . . . . . . . keramida@{ceid.upatras.gr,freebsd.org}
FreeBSD Documentation Project . . . http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/