Date:      Fri, 04 Sep 1998 12:54:33 -0500
From:      dethnet@clnk.com (Shawn Hughes)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: d/l freebsd

At 01:36 PM 9/4/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Shawn Hughes wrote:
>
>> and by the way what happened to 2.2.6 that was on the ftp site? i was d/ling
>> it and came home from work to find it was gone. if 2.2.7 is as stable as
>> 2.2.6 then thats fine....i have heard great things of freeBSD 2.2.6 and how
>> stable it is....thats the whole reason to why i wanted 2.2.6 .
>
>Well, it's quite likely that 2.2.7 will be better than 2.2.6, since I
>beleive it will have been extensively tested before being classed as a
>-RELEASE version. I could be wrong, but I'm sure it's damn stable, and
>better than any Microsoft shit.
>
>(3.0-CURRENT is actually stable enough for me. <rant> Assuming, that is,
>that your CPU fan isn't dodgy, and doesn't decide to stop stone dead
>and let the damn CPU overheat and bring the whole system down. :-(
>Better go buy a new fan... </rant>)
>
>--
>Ben Smithurst : ben@scientia.demon.co.uk : http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/
>
>PGP: 0x99392F7D - 3D 89 87 42 CE CA 93 4C  68 32 0E D5 36 05 3D 16
>     http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/ben/pgp-key.html (or use keyservers)
ok thanx i appreciate the help.....ohh BTW how many cds is the 2.2.7 since m
d/ling this heh....kinda need to know where to break it up at....i think i
agree with ya on it being better than MS stuff.....i have had too many damn
crashes in 95...the KAPOOOOOOOOOW im down and rebooting...or probably
reinstalling yet once again.AND that DAMN Inet Explorer....YUK!!!!!