Date:      Wed, 08 Aug 2001 21:19:12 -0400
From:      Matt Wolanski <mattwolanski@mac.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DEC21041 IRQ11 0x1080 and FreeBSD 4.3-Release

I could use some help getting 4.3 to recognize my ethernet card.
The card is listed as supported on the several page long list of supported
ethernet cards, however, it is not listed among the 5 or so lines of
ethernet devices which are available during installation and I have tried
making a custom Kernel but nothing I do seems to have any effect.
The book that came with the 4.2 that I bought says to see the FAQ online to
find out the device names for supported devices but I can find no such list.
From LINT it appears that the card is a "de" and may also work with the "dc"
however, I cannot find what if anything I need to do to the line which has:
device     de   # dec21x4x ...etc.
to make BSD use my ethernet card.
Any help will be appreciated.
--