Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:04:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Burncd

Hello all,  I always get good help here, so here's another one:
	I searched through the archives, but wasn't able to find this, and
the man page doesn't say.  I was wondering what the max speed that burncd
could burn at was.  I saw this
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=148144+150016+/usr/local/www/db/text/2001/freebsd-questions/20010211.freebsd-questions
but didn't know what source Conrad got that from, or if that's up to date.
I also took a gander through the code, but through my limited C coding
experience, I could only understand the parameter checking for s < 0.
	Does anyone know if there are plans to have burncd burn at the
higher speeds like 12x and 16x that are getting common now?  I'm
especially interested in if the Sony internal IDE 16X burner (model
CRX168B/A1) will work well.  If not, it's only worth buying a slower one.
Thanks,

						Tim