Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 12:19:35 -0700
From:      Johnson David <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        ABDALLAH Faycal <faycal.abdallah@cegetel.fr>, "'freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: need help with kde and boot...

On Thursday 06 June 2002 11:58 am, ABDALLAH Faycal wrote:

> mount_ext2fs /dev/ad0s2 /mnt/linux" but the system won't let me do so...
> how can i triple boot my system

You should have created a Linux boot disk during Mandrake installation. Use it
to boot into Linux. Then set up and install LILO to the *root* partition.
Then select that partition from the FreeBSD boot manager during boot and you
should be fine. (I suspect that Mandrake installed LILO to the MBR instead,
and installing the FreeBSD boot manager wiped it out.)

Another alternative is to use Grub.

David