Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:28:19 +0200
From:      dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        fbsdq <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: dhcp resolv.conf and loading priority of network cards

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:51:15 +1000
Mikhail Goriachev <mikhailg@webanoide.org> wrote:

> dick hoogendijk wrote:
> > I have tow nics: a re0 (cabled) and an ath0 (wifi) card. I want the
> > latter to use dhcp like this:
> >
> > defaultrouter="192.168.11.1"
> > hostname="arwen.nagual.st"
> > ifconfig_re0="192.168.11.29 netmask 255.255.255.0"
> > ifconfig_ath0="dhcp ssid air01 nwkey 0xc1e1639b753021ab6d64be2575
> > hidessid authmode shared"
> >
> > What happens is that the ath0 card gets loaded first (not wanted!)
> > plus the dhcp setting changes my resolv.conf (not wanted either).
> >
> > How do I get this changed? re0 first, than my ath0 and NO changes to
> > resolv.conf?
> >
> > System: freebsd-6.1R
> >

> Not sure about initialising interfaces in specific order but if you
> don't want to accept changes from a DHCP then:
>
> 	man dhclient.conf (look at supersede)

Yes, I know. I foudn something like that on google. Also a file named
dhclient-enter-hooks seems to do the trick, but I miss the option to
just say "don't use my existing resolv.conf" badly. On linux it's
easier as I remember (but that's years ago, so things might have
changed there too.

The initialising in a specific order is more important to me at the
moment. Anybody?

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.1 ++ The Power to Serve