Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:07:11 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   afbackup: Anyone using afbackup and FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE?

Hello.

Does anyone use afbackup with FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE?

I would like to know whether you have problems with the EOT recognition in
afbackup.

We used afbackup prior to FreeBSD 4.6.2-pl2 with success, but with FreeBSD 4.6.2-pl2
and FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE in conjunction with afbackup 3.3.7pl3 we ran into massive
trouble.

I need to exclude config errors. Our symptoms are those: afbackup now has a facility
to detect whether it compiles under FBSD 4.7 or FBSD 4.6 and therefore it seems to
change the EOT recognition handler. This does not work anymore, afbackup ends up
with an error at the end of a tape (we use an DAT 40 autoloader from HP, the
HP SureStore 40x6i).

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Oliver

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institutes fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)