Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:41:53 -0500
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Serial ATA

Hello,
	Does anybody know if any Serial ATA cards are supported in FreeBSD?  In
particular, is the 4 port Promise SATA150 TX4 supported?

I don't see anything in the hardware list, but has anybody had any luck
with these cards?

My thought on this matter was to avoid the PCI interrupt issues by just
using one of those somewhat inexpensive Serial ATA cards with 4+ ports
and Serial->Parallel ATA converters on the HDDs (which aren't as
inexpensive as I'd like but still within reason).  Apparently nobody
makes an affordable 4 port Parallel ATA controller, they're all pricy
RAID solutions.

--
   \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
  |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer