Date:      Tue, 22 May 2018 18:04:19 +0200
From:      Mateusz Piotrowski <0mp@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Luca Pizzamiglio <pizzamig@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Should we Rust warnings suggesting adding work/stage/usr/local/bin to the PATH?

>On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 3:26 PM, Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> Am 17.05.18 um 14:42 schrieb Mateusz Piotrowski:
>> > When I build Rust packages I get warnings like this one:

>> > It is not very helpful when building ports. Do you think that we should
>> > try to mute it by default?
>>
>> I have seen such a message when building a Haskell based port, too.
>>
>> Seems there are more languages (or build systems) that perform such
>> a check and emit a misleading warning ...

On Mon, 21 May 2018 23:38:35 +0200
Luca Pizzamiglio <pizzamig@freebsd.org> wrote:

>I've no idea how, but it's obviously misleading and somehow wrong, we
>should mute this message

Folks on ##rust on Freenode suggested me to add the target directory to
PATH:

> PATH="$PATH:/path/to/bin" cargo install

I've already looked at Uses/cargo.mk, but it's not obvious to me how to
do it properly. We might add an extended PATH to CARGO_ENV but I don't
know how to get the path that the program is going to be actually
installed (like ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/bin).

I've not looked into Haskell code yet.