Date:      Thu, 06 Mar 1997 21:44:52 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   6 days and counting for 2.2-RELEASE...

We're in the final week, folks, so I just thought I'd remind everyone
to check those whiteboards and get any last installation bogon reports
to me.

22gamma.freebsd.org has been hosed for the last 3 days on a failing
disk, but they (CALWEB) swapped it out last night and the
2.2-970306-SNAP build is now underway.  I'm hoping that this machine
will be up through the remainder of the 2.2 GAMMA test period.

The only two items I have on my TODO list WRT sysinstall are:

	1. The package installer seems to time out on FTP connections;
	   investigating.

	2. There are 3 outstanding PRs open against it for various crash
	   bugs / undo failures in the partition and disklabel editors.
	   I'll be getting to these also.

So if there are unreported problems with it, REPORT THEM NOW please! :-)

I'll do my best to ensure that FreeBSD 2.2 is the easiest, most
hassle-free installation of them all, but I need your help here since
I've long since lost the ability to install it as a "normal user" and
you guys just manage to pick paths through it which would never have
occurred to me. :-)

And on the non-sysinstall front, now would be a real good time to
start clearing those 2.2 whiteboards, folks!

						Jordan