Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 1999 12:07:11 -0600
From:      Dennis Kovarsky <Kovarsky@Geocities.Com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Networking. Routing.

Hi, I am on Shaw (Rogers) @Home and recently installed free-bsd 3.0
Everything works fine (I even guessed the refresh rates for the monitor
correctly ;) ) except for the networking. The Motorola Web Surfer is
hooked up to a 528 D-Link card. The card seems to initialize fine during
the boot, it's IRQ is set and there are no errors for ed1 (first one is
the sound card).

I have the 4disk set from cdrom.com . Are any of the ports on those
useful for testing the ethernet card specifically?

During boot, when it goes to add a route, it says network is
unreachable.

Say, my IP address is a.a.a.a I can ping anyone in my "area" (with
address a.a.a.1-254), but any other pings come back with "no route
host".
Is there a file that describes my routing tables? If not, where do
routes get added?

Thanks in advance for you time. Dennis K.