Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2001 22:05:16 -0400
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

Hello,

A couple things to try:

First of all, be sure you execute your program from a Linux shell,
/compat/linux/bin/sh.

Second, yes, you can have a complete Linux install under
/compat/linux.  Take a look at
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2000/11/16/Big_Scary_Daemons.html
for some details on how to do that.

However, it should "just work".  The programs you mention are all
standard, and shouldn't be actually linked in.

Good luck!

--
Michael Lucas
mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org