Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 1999 23:06:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      matt <matt@BabCom.ORG>
To:        FreeBSD-STABLE <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Login.conf and tweaking.

Hello,
	I run a shell company that recently started up and runs strictly
on FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE. I have, obviously, configured the login.conf to
limit users mainly on memory and file descriptor usage. I however have
the problem where certain procs eat up 99% of CPU when they loop and
screw up. This seems to be of no fault to the user, mainly of the code.

	I find that BNC and Eggdrops are specially susceptable to this
happening. What this ends up doing, is shooting my load averages very high
and generally slowing down the system. I see that I can limit cputime
and so on, but can I limit the % of cpu a user can user? I do not mean
to do this to be restrictive, simply to make a hard cap so a user's
messed up proccess cannot overload my CPU.

	Thank you in advance for your help, You guys have been amazing
with FreeBSD help. People often take the list's help for granted, not
enough let you know they appreciate it, I like to let you know.

Matt
--
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians
 would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees