Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 13:26:48 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        shimon@Simon-Shapiro.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Yest one more: devel/crosssco

> touch stamp-crt
> Testing libgcc1.  Ignore linker warning messages.
> /usr/ports/devel/crosssco/work/src/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/ports/devel/crosssco/work/
src/gcc/ -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC   -O -I./include libgcc1-test.o -o libgcc1-te
st \
>   -nostartfiles -nostdlib `/usr/ports/devel/crosssco/work/src/gcc/xgcc -B/usr
/ports/devel/crosssco/work/src/gcc/ --print-libgcc-file-name`
> cc -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC   -O  -I. -I. -I./config  -o g++-cross \
>    -DGCC_NAME=\"`t='-e s,^,i386-sco-,'; echo gcc | sed $t`\" ./cp/g++.c versi
on.o obstack.o ` case "cc" in "cc") echo "" ;; esac `
> ld: crt0.o: No such file or directory

There are gremlins in your system and I strongly suggest that you halt
testing of ports until you figure out what they are.  I've been
building the ports you've been flagging on a recently installed
-current box and they work fine.  I strongly suggest that you
*completely reinstall* the test box you're using (and if it's not
capable of doing that then you're using the wrong test box for
-current) from a recent 3.0-SNAP and try this again.  Don't simply
upgrade it since you leave room for a lot of historical cruft from
previous releases to screw up your -current ports builds.  I just
completed a full build/install of crosssco on bento.freebsd.org, for
example, and it worked perfectly.

					Jordan

P.S. If you're not sure of the PRs you filed during this process,
please close them until you've verified that the failures happen on a
_clean_ installation.