Date:      07 Jul 2000 02:16:27 +0200
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@no-spam.citeweb.net>
To:        Essenz Consulting <john@essenz.com>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UPS Daemons

Essenz Consulting <john@essenz.com> writes:

> I know that APC SmartUPS and BackUPS are supported under FreeBSD but what
> about the APC PowerStack? I was looking at the APC PowerStack 250
> Rackmount UPS. It comes with a RS-232 cables and supports that same kind
> of emergency shutdown that the SmartUPS systems have. Anybody use a
> PowerStack? I would only use if I knew that I could tie it in to FreeBSD
> for automatic shutdown when battery power is used up.

I don't have a SmartUPS system but a BackUPS, so I use bkupsd.
you should probably use something like :

Port:   upsd-2.0.1.6
Info:   APC Smart UPS Monitoring Daemon
Maint:  ports@FreeBSD.org
Index:  sysutils

or

Port:   upsmon-2.1.3
Info:   Basic UPS monitor for the APC SmartUPS devices
Maint:  ports@FreeBSD.org
Index:  sysutils

as "make search key=ups" in /usr/ports says :)

links and descriptions are respectively :

MASTER_SITES=   ftp://www.ww.net/pub/wildwind/upsd/ \
                http://www.cre8tivegroup.com/ \
                ftp://ftp.sw.ru/pub/unix/upsd/

upsd is a daemon with flexible configuration which lets you to
shutdown your system properly when source power line fails and
measure its frequency, voltage etc

MASTER_SITES=   ftp://newcorridor.com/pub/upsmon/

Designed specifically for the APC SmartUPS devices, the
software is dependent on the SmartUPS interface and will
only function with SmartUPS devices.

Cyrille.
--
home:mailto:clefevre@no-spam.citeweb.net Supprimer "no-spam." pour me repondre.