Date:      Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:52:29 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, Markus Brueffer <markus@freebsd.org>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for testers: New acpi_ibm driver

> Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:05:21 -0400
> From: Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
>
> All right, updated my thinkpad to 6.0-current.  Frozen is as good as
> -stable, no? :-)
>
> Having trouble with the acpi_ibm module, it seems my R40 is not
> recognized as a thinkpad.
>
> 6.0-current as of yesterday, revision 1.6 of acpi_ibm (June 10).
>
> $ kldload acpi_ibm
> # prints to console that sio4 irq is not in bitmaps
>
> $ sysctl -a | grep -i ibm
> dev.acpi.0.%desc: IBM TP-1P
> dev.psmcpnp.0.%pnpinfo: _HID=IBM0057 _UID=0
>
> > Please mail me on failure and success and include the output of
> > # sysctl hw.acpi.ibm
>
> sysctl: unknown oid 'hw.acpi.ibm'
>
> > In any case: Please send me your DSDT for further improvement of the driver
> > (even if you run FreeBSD 5):
> > # acpidump -t -d > name-system.asl
>
> http://www.cons.org/tmp/acpidump-t-d_thinkpad-r40
>
> Any ideas how to make it detect?
>
> I do get other acpi stuff like the termal zone and the video/display
> just fine.

This probably won't help, but the committed code moved the OID. It's now
dev.acpi_ibm.

Make sure that you are no longer applying any patches. I believe that
/sys/dev/acpi_support/acpi_ibm should be at v1.6.

You should have logged "acpi_ibm0: <IBM ThinkPad ACPI Extras> on acpi0"
to messages and the console when the module is loaded.
(I'm not SURE that it can be loaded and work after boot, since I have it
in /boot/loader.conf.)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)