Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 18:35:24 -0600
From:      James Buszard-Welcher <james@reef.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recovering Lost Inode?

Thanks for the response.  I'm sure it's too late now, with inode
recycling, etc.  However, if I had been unable to umount the
filesystem... (we now enter the theoretical zone)
*could* I have been able to use somekindof Norton's Utilities-esque
package for UNIX which could check inodes and look for ones that
were 'file starters', and maybe check the that if all of the inodes
pointed to by that starter inode (it was big file so I excect
a level or two of inode redirection) were still intact it could
pull it back?  Kinda like an 'un-delete' fsck?  Ever hear of
such a thing?

--
James Buszard-Welcher | VOX 847.729.8600 | "It's not the stuff...
Technical Director    | FAX 847.729.1560 |  it's the power to