Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 2002 00:08:23 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Kenneth Karoliussen" <kenneth@karoliussen.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IPSEC and setkey

Hi,

I've currently successfully configured a FreeBSD VPN connection to our Intel
Netstructure VPN service.

There seems to be a few issues regarding the SA key negotiation when it's
required. Racoon logs the IPSEC-SA connection as established after a
disconnection has occured. When using tcpdump I see that ESP packages are
transferred with no response from the other end. If I flush the SA db with
setkey -F and set it to its initial state (from my ipsec.conf) the packages
are transmitted and decryptet correctly. Anyone know what's the problem may
be?

Best,

Kenneth Karoliussen