Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:30:33 -0400
From:      khayman <khayman@carolina.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pccard NIC initialization order

Hello all,

I just finished building 4.3-stable on an IBM Stinkpad 600x.  After a
few snafus, its up and running.  Then i learned that my Cardbus nic
wasn't supported so I threw in a 10-base pcmcia nic.  The new (or old as
the case may be) nic works fine, it just initializes after I'm presented
with a login prompt and does not get a dhcp address.

If I run dhclient (which I dont really know how to do properly) I get an
address fine but get all sorts of IPv6 errors (not supported) output to
the screen for the duration of the system's uptime.

Can someone point me in the right direction (or blatantly tell me if you
feel like it),  on how to initialize the card earlier so that it gets an
address without having to run dhclient?  Or let me know the proper usage
of running dhclient?

My rc.conf file has the interface defined as dhcp.

thanks,
<k.>