Date:      Wed, 03 Nov 2010 10:45:17 -0600
From:      Jamie Gritton <jamie@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-jail@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: jail_attach does not chdir to new root?

On 11/03/10 00:56, Nikos Vassiliadis wrote:

> Out of curiosity, why jail_attach() does not
> chdir() to the new root?
>
> It seems like something worth mentioning in jail(2).

I wasn't involved in the early jail stuff, but I'll venture it was
because chroot(2) also doesn't chdir to the new root, and jail
originally grew out of chroot.

The difference is the chroot(2) man page does specifically mention that
the current directory isn't changed, and you're right that jail(2)
should as well.

- Jamie