Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:38:06 -0600
From:      Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: UID conflict: Both database/firebird and net/quagga apeear to use UID 90

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 10:34:50AM -0600, Pete Fritchman wrote:
> If we keep all the UIDs documented there, we should'd have the problem of
> people adding a new port with a duplicate UID.  I'm sure there are a ton
> of ports that add users with UIDs that are _not_ documented there; we
> should probably fix that as we come across them.

There should be a way to automatically catch that. Perhaps a post-build
checksum against /etc/master.passwd and /etc/group on an automated
ports-building box.

-T

--
First time I've gotten a programming job that required a drug test.
I was worried they were going to say "you don't have enough LSD in your