Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:53:34 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Varshavchick Alexander <alex@metrocom.ru>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Again Softupdates on 4.5

> Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:09:14 +0300 (MSK)
> From: Varshavchick Alexander <alex@metrocom.ru>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Then the difference lays only in the fact that on 4.5 the softupdates flag
> can be turned on in the sysinstall procedure?

No. I means that sysinstall turns on softupdates for all non-root,
non-swap partitions by default. Under 4.4 you had to tell sysinstall
that you wanted softupdates (with the 'S' command). There is no change
to the functionality in 4.5, only to the default operation.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)