Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 06:25:14 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ports dependency grapher and maintainer list

Hi,

A friend of mine wrote a port dependency grapher; it's viewable at
http://rucus.ru.ac.za/~drs/portdeps/ and here're a few good examples:

http://rucus.ru.ac.za/~drs/portdeps/?portname=qmailadmin
http://rucus.ru.ac.za/~drs/portdeps/?portname=ezmlm-web
http://rucus.ru.ac.za/~drs/portdeps/?portname=kde-1.1.2 (scary)
http://rucus.ru.ac.za/~drs/portdeps/?portname=gnome-1 (can't complete in time)
http://rucus.ru.ac.za/~drs/portdeps/?portname=galeon (scary)

I'm not sure if it's perfectly accurate, but it sure looks pretty. (:

I've also been playing a tiny bit, and come up with a script that
generates a list of maintainers and a list of ports they maintain -
viewable at http://people.FreeBSD.org/~nbm/maintainer-list.html (this
includes real names for the maintainers grabbed from the contributors
list and the committers list).  If there's enough call for it, I'll be
happy to chuck the script into the web page build.

Night,

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner