Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 00:08:23 +0300
From:      =?koi8-r?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA=20=F7=2E=20=EF=CC=C5=CA=CE=C9=CB?= (Andy   V. Oleynik) <andyo@prime.net.ua>
To:        Jerry Raynor <jerryr@ComCAT.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrading to 3.2

I removed old post with Dan Sobral's hints
to upgrade 2.2.x to 3.2-S. But as far as I remember
the sequnce is:
1. cvsup new source tree (use tag RELENG_3)
   I cvsup'd srcs in separate dir from /usr/src.
2. traverse trough ur libs dirs and create there
   "aout" subdirs. Copy ur aout libs to this subdirs.
   (This step is to let U use ur old aout binaries)
   (after upgrade U may remove aout remaining libraries
    from ur libs dirs)
   (making upgrade & worl didnt that for me)
3. cd new source tree and make upgrade.
4. Rest for a half of day.
5. Run mergemaster to update ur stuff in /etc (read the man
   for it carrefully)
6. Reboot.
Have I forgotten something?
Ah! Dont forget to disable TSC timecounter if U have AMD-K5 model 0
platform.

Jerry Raynor wrote:

> I'm running 2.2.5-R and plan on upgrading to 3.2-R, I've never upgraded
> the OS.  "Should" it be smooth?  Are there any known adjustments I should
> be prepared to make?  Thanks!

Andy V. Oleynik
(When U aim for perfection,
 U discover it's a moving target ö80)