Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 2000 15:52:54 -0700
From:      G-der <gder@gder.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   APM woes on a HP Omnibook 6000

System is a HP Omnibook 6000 running 4.2-RELEASE (can't get the nic
working so i can cvsup :( )

I configured apm in the kernel and have tried two different ways (using
device apm0 and device apm).

Also I have enabled apm as well as apmd in /etc/rc.conf.

When I try to run apm i get:
Unable to open /dev/apm: device not configured

When trying to run apmd I get:
Unable to open /dev/apmctl: device not configured

I've tried running MAKEDEV and recreating the devices but I seem to keep
getting the same error no matter what.  Also looked in LINT but
unfortunatly the apm info in there is rather sparse.  Checked out the
-questions and -bugs archives and didn't find much in the way of config
information.  The man pages also are lacking on config info (perhaps I
should check the device man pages closer in case I missed something
about configuring devices).

Anyhoo, any help or insight into this would be greatly appreciated.  I
won't be back at work to check the list till Thursday so a cc to this
email would be great.

thank you for your time

G-der
gder@gder.net