Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:35:29 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mark Valentine <mark@thuvia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libdisk Makefile chunk.c write_alpha_dis

> From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
> Date: Fri 25 Oct, 2002
> Subject: Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libdisk Makefile chunk.c write_alpha_dis

> Just how do you intend to use "standard BSD device naming" for a
> scheme which supports up to 16k partitions ?

By mapping /dev/da0[a-z] onto partitions I will likely use.

I am not precluding a new naming scheme to cope with new demands, simply
stating that the existing scheme, which caters for 99% per cent of cases,
should be preserved.

		Cheers,

		Mark.

--
Mark Valentine, Thuvia Labs <mark@thuvia.co.uk>       <http://www.thuvia.co.uk>;
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."       Mark Valentine uses