Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:05:45 +1300
From:      Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where is gdmconfig

I wrote:

> Same - altho I had not saved a copy of the port for 2.20.8, so used
> the gdm-2.20.1 port off an older 7-STABLE fixit cd I'd cut a while
> back - works fine. Gnome's own documentation for gdm-2.24 implies it
> is still work in progress with theming etc to come later. I notice
> that even normally bleeding edge Linux distros like Ubuntu are
> shipping 2.24 with a (rethemed) gdm-2.20.

Updated to 2.20.8 after downloading the 7.1 release cd - same but
snappier, which is nice. Seriously, gdm-2.20 looks better and works fine
with the rest of 2.24... unless Gnome are gonna finish gdm in the
timeline of the 7.2 release cycle I'd recommend Freebsd using the 2.20
version!

the famous 2c

Mark