Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:11:38 +0200
From:      "Malan Joubert" <malan_joubert@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   symbolic links on ftp

Hi
I am trying to set up an FreeBSD ftp.
It's totally unsecure (read + write on incoming) as it's only going to be
used on my LAN but I can't get all of it going:
How do symbolic links work? I want to link the /cdrom directory to be shared
via ftp is this possible?
I did a ls -s  and managed to link my / to the ftp directory something which
I immediately tried to undo:( I did the following:
cd /var/ftp
rm -R /
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! It killed my root so at the moment my box is busy
reinstalling!!!!!!!!!
Anyone care to explain links to me, I tried the manual but it doesn't really
say anything...

Bye + Thanx
Malan Joubert