Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:54:04 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Merge mania in -stable; heads up!

As some of you have already no doubt inferred from the commit mails,
I'm in the middle of a major merge between 3.0 and 2.2.  I'm not
planning on bringing in any significant new features, just catch the
2.2-stable branch up with some of the many thousands (and I do mean
*thousands*) of doc fixes, security patches and other types of
defensive coding that have been added to the -current branch but were
never brought into -stable.

I've also suspended this activity for about 12 hours in order to give
Mark Murray a chance to get all his Kerberos stuff into the tree so
that I can re-sync with them (many of the patches in my pending list
will be effected by his work and I'll need do a re-sync of my entire
patch list tomorrow), but once that's done I'll continue at an even
faster pace through the rest of the week.

I started with 37MB of diffs and I'm down to 12MB, so we're doing
fairly well for only the first week of merging. ;-)

In any case, this is mostly just to let folks know that they should
definitely be building the world with their -stable test boxes (and
perhaps even a few production ones after a week or so has elapsed for
any significantly negative feedback) and letting me know ASAP if any
problems occur.

And yes, just for the record, the minor number of libc HAS bumped and
so you'll have to do an ``ldconfig -R'' as root after your first make
world if you want to get rid of the (harmless) warnings that may spew
out if you haven't done one for awhile. :)

Thanks.

					Jordan