Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 1998 04:22:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@miami.edu>
To:        Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape for FreeBSD installing by the book

Netscape 4.03b8 is very much outdated.  Netscape just released 4.05 for
FreeBSD.  To get it, download the port file from
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html.  If you're running 2.2.5, you
may also want to add the ports upgrade to 2.2-stable, also found on that
page (or upgrade to 2.2.6).  Anyway, on the prots page, you'll see a www
category.  Go into there and find the netscape communicator entry (not
the Linux one...there should be a FreeBSD one).  Download that file
(it's small).  Then follow Greg's suggestions from his book.  It works
the same, just with a later version.  Hope that works for you.

Joe Clarke