Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:47:45 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To:        "Jan Hudak" <jhudak@cscare.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pccard: card0 not configured

Jan Hudak writes:
>pcic0: <Cirrus Logic PD6729/6730 PC-Card Controller> rev 0xee int a irq 255
>on pci0.20.0
>Initializing PC-card drivers: sio
>Why is sio mentioned in the last quoted kernel message ?
The kernel mentions here drivers it can use with pccards, ed isn't
mentionned so I assume it's not in your kernel.

>kernel module pcic.ko loads but pccardc reports card0 not configured.
>controller card0
>device  pcic0 at card?
>device  pcic1 at card?
It reminds me of a problem I've had with 3.1-RELEASE in a rc family script
that didn't probe that pccard support was kernel builtin.

I'd suggest you to upgrade to 3-STABLE or even better 4-STABLE (cvsup for
the first, cvsup or floppies for the latter, have a look at the handbook)
and include device ed0 in your kernel config file

Regards

Eric Masson
--
Opinions stated below are mine and can't be considered as
official Kisoft Services policy.