Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 12:00:01 +0200
From:      Lutz Albers <lutz@muc.de>
To:        Rocky Mei <mei.shan@bj.col.com.cn>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SIS 5598

> Rocky Mei wrote:
>
> Sr,
>     My pc's mainbord is AUSA' SP97-V with SIS 5598 display card. Would
> you
> tell me which display card I should choice from the list in FREEBSD?
> Thank you!

Stay away from the build-in VGA stuff in 5598. It will rob you off some
of your memory and it's slow. Just stick in a regular card (i.e. the ATI
xpert@work) AND disable the VGA controller by jumper. That's what I'm
using (I have a SP97-vx and use the forementioned card).

hope this helps ...
  lutz

--
Lutz Albers, lutz@muc.de
Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.