Date:      Thu, 04 Jun 1998 10:50:59 -0500
From:      "Kevin T. Likes" <klikes@isd.state.in.us>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DMA syslogs errors but CD plays

In message <3576BB37.129C90CF@tdx.co.uk>, Karl Pielorz writes:
>Kevin T. Likes wrote:
>

>> I believe it's a SB16 with PnP.
>>
>> >Regards,
>> >
>> >Karl
>
>Hi,
>
>What IRQ etc. is the soundcard set to? - Do you have plug & play support
>enabled in the kernel?

I don't have pnp support in the kernel.  I also don't know what it is set to,
but pnpinfo says that the preferred is 5, but 7 is acceptable (which is what
my config sets it at).  Do you think putting pnp support in would change
anything.

>One last point - is that when you replace the kernel on the system it looses
>it's boot time configuration? - This would have to be re-setup...

I did rebuild the kernel from my config, if that's what you mean.

BTW, I did track down the application which is causing the problem (I believe):
xgal (which I wasn't running myself).

--Kevin T. Likes