Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 1996 19:26:37 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        mark@grondar.za
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SSLeay port fail

> Peter Childs wrote:
> >   I've got a 2.1.5 system here without the DES libraries and
> >   the SSLeay port fails for me.
> >
> >   It does a bit, then fails with
> >
> >   ./crypto/cryptlib.c:59: des.h: No such file or directory

[cut]

> >   Someone wanna set me straight.
>
> Install DES :-).
>
> You can get it (Legally) from ftp.internat.freebsd.org.

 Great stuff... just to follow up on this for the mailing list, this
 works great.

 With a 2.1.5 system like mine you'll need to get the 2.2-current
 /secure dist and compile the libdes library and install to get it
 to work.

 The 2.1.5 secure dist doesn't have one of the des functions
 (des_xcbc_encrpyt) that the 2.2 secure dist does...

 Now onto building a SSL capable apache server :)

 Regards,
   Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds