Date:      Fri, 08 Jul 2011 08:09:27 +0300
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
To:        Jason Hellenthal <jhell@DataIX.net>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: everlasting log device

08.07.2011 01:00, Jason Hellenthal wrote:

>> System claims that this log device has 148K data. Is this the size of
>> unwritten data? The number is still the same when booting into single
>> user mode and doesn't change at all.
>>
>> Can I remove this log device? Should I recreate the pool to get rid of
>> this behavior?
>>

> If you have the possibility to re-create the pool then Id definately
> suggest it.
>
> If you remove this device (physically) your pool will not be operable
> unfortunately there is still somehting missing to allow SLOGs to be
> removed from a running pool yet, what that might be is beyond me at this
> time. You might try to export the pool then boot into single user mode
> and reimport the pool and try the removal procedure but I raelly dont
> think that will help you.

Well I have already removed device physically and the pool continues to
work despite yelling about missing log device. I already tried booting
from flash drive and importing/exporting pool - this doesn't work. I
also tried to replace this log device with another one. Replacing works
and I can remove old device but the new one will now be unkillable.

Am I right that working without external log device is almost the same
as working with disabled ZIL?

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.