Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 17:33:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Mills <jmmills@telocity.com>
To:        Clint Olsen <clint@0lsen.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Determining OpenGL support for video card

Hi, Clint -

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Clint Olsen wrote:

> On May 08, John Mills wrote:

> > Do you have these?

> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.*
        ... etc ...

> 625786 May  7 16:45 /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a
>     10 May  7 16:45 /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so@ -> libGL.so.1

Sorry, it was a shot in the dark, in case the OpenGL stuff just wasn't
there. Years ago I tried GLUT over Mesa, and ran some of the OpenGL demos,
but I don't have anything around to try now, nor enough CPU to handle it.

> I'm assuming that the Jan 23 entries correspond to my port install of Mesa.

Anyway, I expect that "real" OpenGL apps would look for the
".../libG*" items, not the "Mesa" versions.

 - John Mills