Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 1995 13:10:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: kern/903: panic: m_copydata

The following reply was made to PR kern/903; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To: "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 15:59:32 -0500 (EST)

 On Tue, 19 Dec 1995, Garrett A. Wollman wrote:

 > <<On Tue, 12 Dec 1995 11:36:26 -0500 (EST), "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> said:
 >
 > > 	and reboot of the system.  Having enabled DDB and DODUMP, I'm not
 > > 	getting a 'savecore', but it does put me into the kernel debugger
 > > 	instead of rebooting.
 >
 > `options DODUMP' has not been meaningful for some time.  You should
 > use the dumpon(8) command to set up a swap area for dumps during
 > bootup.  (There should be hooks in /etc/sysconfig for this, but I
 > don't recall if they are mine or in the distribution version.)

 	Ack...okay, found the option in /etc/sysconfig and have it enabled...
 and have enabled it using dumpon...

 Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
 scrappy@hub.org  |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  soon to be:     |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net   |      WWW: http://hub.org           | Communications, Inc