Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 05:59:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Michael V. Harding" <mvh@netcom.com>
To:        ast@marabu.ch
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP / disk slicing: a MAKEDEV deficiency for slices>0 ?

I'll concur on this one - with dual boot machines, FreeBSD is often on
the second disk or second partitionm - this is why we saw boot fail.
Not too hard to fixe once you know what you are doing, but it was
awkward because I couldn't even check the FAQ until I got the system
running again.

I don't know if this is because I have two disks, also, but when I did
an upgrade in place to 2.2.6 it ate the entire disk.  I'm afraid to
use anything but CVSUP now.  Luckily I did have the important stuff
backed up...