Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 23:13:30 -0500
From:      Chris Johnson <cjohnson@palomine.net>
To:        Jason Schwab <freaker@null.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NATD & Internet

On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 08:48:14PM -0700, Jason Schwab wrote:
> Dear People,
>
> 	I have an Windows95 box and A FreeBSD box, the freebsd box is one
> the net througha dailup modem, and both boxes are networked and all that.
> I ping and telnet and etc to each other, but, How can I setup the freebsd
> box to where the 95 box can use its dailup net access for its access to
> the internet? -- thanks!

On the Windows 95 box, set the IP address of the FreeBSD box as the default
gateway. Edit /etc/rc.conf on the FreeBSD box so that 'gateway_enable="YES".'
That'll enable forwarding the next time you reboot. To enable forwarding now,
run this as root:  sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1

If you've already got user-land ppp configured, just run it with the -alias
option. That should be the whole deal.

This is covered in great detail at
http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/ppp.html.

Chris