Date:      Mon, 4 Apr 2005 08:14:19 +0400
From:      Andrey Chernov <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't change partition table anymore

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 01:11:01PM +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> > I was trying this variant:
> > boot0cfg -s 2 /dev/ad0
>=20
> Strange that works OK for me.

When I finally install bootloader now with kern.geom.debugflags=3D16 trick,=
=20
it works OK for me too. But not before when there was some MBR written by=
=20
Windows.

So, never use Windows, it is dangerous, use our protection instead. It=20
prevents any changes. No changes - no mistakes.

(perhaps just permanently unplug keyboard to feel even more safe?)

Seriously, any sysadmin who try to install FreeBSD for the first time and=
=20
see he can't edit partition, just throw out the CD and install Linux=20
instead which allows anything for root in that area.

--=20
http://ache.pp.ru/

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw--