Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 1998 08:35:50 -0600 (CST)
From:      jeh@anubis.network.com (Jeff Henning)
To:        cbrown@daisy.kwangwoon.ac.kr (Hwang Jung Ho)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcpdump setting!

You need to recompile your kernel with the berkley packet
filter device enabled.  Add the following line to your
/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/MYKERNEL (or whatever you named
it):

pseudo-device   bpfilter        4       #Berkeley packet filter

I grabbed this from a 2.2.2 system so if it's something else,
you can get the exact line from the LINT kernel.  You also
need to be running tcpdump as root.  Good luck.

Jeff Henning
Network Systems Corp.